Sunday, May 21, 2023

My favorite true crime podcasts (2023) part 1


Original photo is found here

I have been listening to true crime podcasts for a couple of years now. I started listening to these shows during lock down because I was working from home then. The shows that I listen to changes every couple of months but there are specific ones that stayed in my library for a couple of years already. I listen to them via Spotify which is my main music & podcast streaming app.

Original photo is found here

I will start with the show that I listened to the longest. The title is Crime Junkie. It is hosted by Ashley and Brit. This is produced by AudioChuck. They focus on true crime cases that are solved but there are a few ones that are unsolved and some are about still missing people. I love the exchange of thoughts between the two hosts and the way they talk about each case. I also love that they encourage the listeners to help with the cases. like report if they know something about a case anonymously so that the police can work on it and get the case solve. This is their site where you can see photos or evidences associated with specific cases that they talked about in a specific episode.


Original photo is found here

Dateline is produced by NBC and it is the podcast version of an actual TV show. I loved that there is a variety of hosts that talk about each case. Since this is from a major network, there is a better coverage of each case being tackled. They even have interviews of the actual suspect straight from the penitentiaries. My favorite host is Keith Morrison. His voice is so soothing and is perfect for a true crime episode. There are specific episodes which they mention a specific part of the actual show which, sadly, you'll just have to imagine how it looks like since you're just listening to the podcast version.


Original photo is found here

Anatomy of Murder is one of the newer shows that am listening to but the way they talk about the cases were so good that I had to binge listen to all of their episodes. Now that I am all caught up, I have to wait for new episodes every week. Anna-Sigga Nicolazzi & Scott Weinberger both had backgrounds in law enforcement in a way. Anna is a former New York City homicide prosecutor and host of Investigation Discovery’s True Conviction and Scott is an Emmy award-winning investigative journalist and former Deputy Sheriff. They include interviews, excerpts from 911 calls and actual conversation from people working or are involved with a specific case. Each case is detailed and well documented which made me love their show more. Since both have backgrounds in law enforcement, they are able to share their theories and conclusions about the case that they are talking about in each episode. They even have a part of specific cases where they pick if they are in the defence or prosecutor side of the case and their exchange each time always leave me in awe.


Original photo is found here

The Deck is hosted by Ashley Flowers from Crime Junkie. This show focuses more on unsolved cases that are represented by a specific card in a deck of cards. Although I prefer listening to cases that are solved, this show stood out because of how detailed Ashley tells each story. It gives me and her listener hope that each case will be solved in the future. It strikes me as unique as well because I never knew that assigning a card for a specific case is actually a thing. There is also a new segment in the show, The Deck Investigates, where she focuses on a case where a woman was taken by a man and the only witnesses back then were her young children. I am looking forward to following the progress of this case and if it will be solved.

This will be the first part of my blog about my favorite podcast. I will share the newer, which I have been listening to for just a month or so, podcasts that I am loving lately. I hope that you enjoy this post. I missed blogging and sharing my favorite made me want to blog more again.

Thank you and have a good one!

“Justice is a criminal circuit that rapes innocents with electricity framing them as guilty… Never take part in legal procedures! You do not need laws to be ethical! Only criminals need laws! To condemn innocents & break them invisibly!”

― Maria Karvouni, You Are Always Innocent





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave the link of your blog so that I can check it too.
Thank you so much for all the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...