Wednesday, May 24, 2023

My favorite true crime podcasts (2023) part 2


Original photo found here

Here's the second instalment of my favorites. I will be sharing the shows that I just started listening to this year. There are shows that I already binge listened to and some that I literally just started listening to and fell in love with it immediately.


Original photo found here

The show Forensic Tales is hosted by Ashley Fretwell and is produced by Rockefeller Audio. Her show focuses on cases that with the help of forensics, the culprits of cases were caught and unknown individuals are given their names again. She mentions new forensic technologies such as Forensic Geneology which blew my mind. There are specific cases which started with the lab technicians finding the suspect's relatives first, through DNA, until they build a family tree which eventually leads them to the actual person who did the crime. This is a one woman show which is fascinating. She has an account on Patreon to help her fund this podcast.

Original photo found here

The next show is Cold Case Files which deals with the 1% of cold cases that are ever solved in the US. There is also an actual show about this podcast which is similar to Dateline. I love that they mostly deal with solved cases which gives me peace of mind that the family involved got to have the justice they deserve. The show gives detailed accounts of the cases and includes interviews of the people involved as well. There are classic cases that are presented by celebrated veteran journalist and newsman Bill Kurtis and the newer cases are presented by Brooke Gittings.


Original photo found here

Strangeland is produced by AudioChuck just like The Deck and Crime Junkie. This show is presented by Ben Adair and a specific co-host for a specific case. I love that this show is mainly about cases from people of color. The first case was about Korean immigrants and the second case is about an Indian mother and child. His co-hosts are of the same nationality as the victims of each case and how they did their research and interviews are so well planned. Each season has cases that have at least 10 episodes which discuss a different part of the case per episode. They go to lengths with each case like stakeouts to wait for an interview with the people involved. Talking to neighbors and law enforcement no matter how hard it is to reach them. I am still waiting for season 3 so that I can binge listen to it.


Original photo found here

Stolen Lives is one of the newer shows in my playlist and so far, I have binged this while at work for more than a week now. This is produced by AudioBoom and is hosted by Ali. It is a podcast dedicated to spreading the stories of children who are forgotten, whose lives were stolen. The cases she discusses are mostly from the US but there are some that are from the UK. I am not sure if there are cases from other countries because I haven't caught up with all of the cases yet and am looking forward to listening to all of them. I never liked cases that involved children because of how heavy the feeling is after listening to it but this show changed my mind. The cases helped me understand the struggles children go through from abusive parents, step parents or even people they do not know. I was able to get knowledge about how child service works and how they deal with cases such as abuse or even death. I cannot wait to complete all of the episodes and am looking forward to learning more with the help of her podcast.


Original photo found here

Deadly Dioces is produced and hosted by Rachael O’Brien and Greg Hunter from Wondery. This is a podcast that specifically discusses the case behind the mysterious death of Father Joe Moreno. They were able to get a second autopsy, by exhuming the body with the help of Fr. Moreno's twin Sister, and are able to see clear signs of foul play. The first "autopsy", if that's even what you call it, was questionable because there was no Y-incision done on the body. There were differences from the crime scene photos and the second autopsy that made them question how the initial investigation was made. It was mentioned that Fr. Moreno knows secrets of the diocese and this may be a reason why he got killed. At first, it was said that he killed himself but so far, based on this show's investigation, they are thinking otherwise.
These are the shows that I frequently listen to. I switch from one show to another, especially if I am waiting for a new episode from a different show. I am learning a lot from these podcasts and I hope that sharing them will help other people too. We can help solve some of the cases, you can go to each show's sites to submit a tip.
I had fun making this post. I hope to continue blogging again in the next couple of days. Thank you and have a good one!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave the link of your blog so that I can check it too.
Thank you so much for all the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...