Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Web Novel: Dream Love (Chapter 1 pt. 7)

original image found here

Let the love story continue.

Relationships aren't perfect, there will be struggles and misunderstanding along the way. There are no exemptions, even the strongest of relationships can be hit with the biggest rock of challenges. This will be the first time that they will face such test.

04:30:55 AM
03 July 2021
A rift in their relationship

Who could be texting at this early hour of the day.

Still sleepy from last night's card game session with Ash, Nathan checked his phone to see who texted him. He stayed at Ash's place and he still sleeping in the couch. He refused to sleep next to her out of respect since they just started dating. He didn't want to appear over confident about the fact that they can stay in each other's place every now and then. It was quite uncomfortable because he is too tall for the couch but the fact that he is here with his girl is fine with him.

"Hi Nate, I am not sure if this number is still active but it is worth the try. This is Stacey, I just want you to know that I just gave birth to our daughter. I thought you would want to know. I know that this isn't planned and all but the last time that we were together, we were both drunk, something happened and I got pregnant,"

Stacey was Nathan's ex from college. The last time that they saw each other was during a reunion with their college friends. They were so drunk that he could barely remember anything that happened. He could recall being in a hotel somewhere in the city but he was alone when he woke up. Stacey must've left when she found out that they slept together.

"This isn't good news, how could I possibly tell Ashley about this. I am a father to a woman whom I had a one-night-stand with," he contemplated.

He stood up and started pacing around the living room. Thinking of how to tell Ash about this news or does he even need to let her know. Weighing all the consequences that might happen, he started tearing up. This was something that can will shatter her heart.

I don't want to hurt her feelings but I have to be honest with her.

***

Ashley stirred slightly because she can hear movement from the living room. Nathan must have problems sleeping because of how tiny the couch is compared to his height. She thought of asking him to sleep next to her, with their back against each other, so that he could sleep comfortably. She rose from her bed, fixed the sheets and walked towards the living room.

***

Hearing the door to her room open, Nathan wiped his eyes dry and looked up. Ash must have heard him walking around the living room. Knowing his girl, she is an empath, she can feel if something is wrong but he hoped that it was about something else.

"Hi babe, good morning. i just want to offer my bed again because I am sure that this sleeping situation of yours isn't the most comfortable," Ash asked but then saw his eyes were swollen.
"Am fine sleeping here babe, good morning. There's no need to worry,"
"Were you crying? What's wrong? Do you want to talk about it?"

Contemplating whether to tell her the truth now or later in the day, Nathan then replied.

"Well, babe, we need to talk"
Embracing him as tight as she could, "Sure babe, whatever it is, I am ready to listen. Can we go to my room so that we can have more privacy."
"Sure," he then followed her.

***

As they make their way to the room, he started thinking about this conversation that they will be having.

I will be completely honest with her and tell her everything that happened. She may get mad at me but I still want her to know every detail about what happened in the past. This was a side of me that I never wanted her to know but it is better to be truthful than be masked with the past that may be unearthed in the future.

***

04:40:15 AM

Getting settled in the bed, they sat next to each other. Ash held his hand and leaned on his shoulder, getting ready to listen to whatever it is that he wants to say. She can feel his heartbeat and it was faster than usual which means that whatever made him cry was something serious.

Here goes nothing.

"Ash, babe. Actually, I have no idea how to lay it on you but here goes nothing," drawing a deep breath, Nathan told Ashley everything that happened in the past. He also showed her the text message that he received this morning.

Not knowing what to do, she rose from her original position as her eyes start to water. She doesn't know what to feel or what to say. This side of Nathan, his past, was so foreign to her. After tapping him on his shoulder, she went to the bathroom to freshen up and clear her mind.

Knowing that his was the reaction that he will be getting, he gave her time to absorb everything and process what she heard. He can feel how heavy her heart is right now, all he did was wait.

05:01:05 AM

Patting her face dry from washing it after crying her eyes out, she opened the door of the bathroom and saw Nathan sitting on the side of the bed. This was different from anything they have been through, although they are quite new as a couple, she didn't expect it to happen this early on in their relationship but she is ready to talk to him now.

"Babe, am sorry. I should've told you about my past before and I know"
She kissed him so hard that he could barely breathe.
Letting him go, she said, "Shut up, it's my turn to talk ok?"
"Uhm, ok," he was almost speechless.
"I understand that everybody has a dark past, I have and I shared that with you little by little, but you dumping everything all at once was a surprise on its own. I get it, you were careless, and your child is the product of what happened but you have to face the truth that you are a father now," she said.

Explaining her side and what needs to be done, with a heavy heart, she decided to let Nathan take responsibility for the child and help her financially. This was the best thing to do rather than ignoring the truth and living life like nothing happened.

"Are you sure that you want to call her?" he asked.
"Of course I am sure, she needs to know about what you want to do for your child," she exclaimed.

***

05:16:23 AM
Unknown number calling

I wonder who this is.

Stacey placed baby Natashia back in her crib and picked up her phone.

"Hello good morning, who is this please," she asked.
"Cey,"
There is only one person who calls her by that name. "Nate, I guess you received my message. I want to apologize for the inconvenience that I caused, I just wanted"
"It's ok, my girlfriend and I..."

He has a girlfriend? What did I just do?

"We decided that I will be supporting you financially. This is the best thing that I should do, since I am the father of the child and I want to be responsible for my actions back then. If that is fine with you," Nathan explained.
"I am so sorry, I had no idea that you already have a girlfriend. I am sorry to bother you both, but"
"Hi Stacey, this is Ashley, am sorry but I was listening to your conversation. There is no need to apologize, I understand everything and a child is a blessing no matter how what. I know that this is out of the blue but I am also willing to help you out. You don't have to worry,"
"Thank you Ashley and thank you Nathan. He is so lucky to have someone as understanding and considerate as you."

***

05:35:03 AM

Once done talking to Stacey, Ash was speechless after that. She helped Nathan fix the bed and the couch where he slept. Uncomfortable about what happened, Nathan went to the kitchen and decided to prepare breakfast. He hopes that this small gesture will make Ash feel better.

Stressing out about what happened, Ash went to the kitchen to see if Nathan is doing any better. She peeped through the door to the kitchen and saw him beating the eggs for an omelette.

"Oh hey, you're here already," he smiled.
"How could I stay mad at a face like that?" she giggled.
"Hey, am sorry babe. I wanted to be honest with you and I didn't know how so I just let it all out in one blow. I am really sorry,"
"You should feed me first before talking," she laughed.

Breakfast was amazing, Nathan prepared omelette, crispy bacon and toasted bread. This was an unusual way to break the ice after what happened earlier. There is always a first and this tested her and their relationship, there may be more in the future but they are both agreed to talk it out and weigh things. They are in this together, this didn't hinder anything that they have and nothing can stop them now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave the link of your blog so that I can check it too.
Thank you so much for all the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...