Thursday, December 5, 2019

Travel Blog: Hong Kong Weekend Escapade


Hong Kong travel blog coming up!


My friend and colleague, mamu Chrissie, purchased tickets on a whim to Hong Kong and she invited me to come with her. There was a travel expo hosted by a credit card company, she went there and booked a ticket for two. It was so random but we’re both looking forward to it.

We were together in South Korea last April and this is another out-of-the-country adventure for us. We were supposed to go to Singapore but Hong Kong is a cheaper alternative. We booked a couple of activities via Klook to lessen the wait time and enjoy our trip. It is also our first time flying with Cathay Pacific and I am so excited.



November 16, 2019: On our way to Hong Kong
Our flight was at 5:00 AM and we arrived at the airport early to fill out the papers needed. It is a good thing that the promo included international taxes so we just went straight to filling out the international forms needed. Checking in was also a breeze because we were there three hours before our flight. It is a good idea to be as early as possible to avoid any delays.

Our flight was smooth and we were on time. I was able to claim the pocket wifi that I rented for our trip. There were a few mishaps but we were able to catch our ride, which is a Tesla, to our hotel in Sheung Wan. It was a good thing that our journey to the city was peaceful and that there were no protests along the way. It took us at least 30 minutes before we reached our hotel, Ibis Central and Sheung Wan.

We rested and slept for the remainder of the day because we came from our shift at work. We needed the first day for rest to make ourselves ready for the next day. Our itinerary is already prepared and we want to be energized to tackle them one at a time.




November 17, 2019: Tram ride, Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum and Star Ferry tour

We bought tickets via Klook and it helped us plan our trip ahead. The first activity for the day is the tram ride and we were supposed to go to the Central station in MTR to meet our guide. We were a group of at least 20 and we walked to the tram station. We rode it up to Victoria Peak and we saw the Hong Kong skyline and it was amazing. The sky was so blue and mesmerizing.

Once we reached the peak, mamu Chrissie and I walked towards Madame Tussaud's wax museum and we took a lot of photos. The wax figures were so realistic that we felt so starstruck. I took photos of mamu with the celebrities figures and we were both laughing at each other's antics.

After the tram and wax museum tour, we skipped the sky tour because mamu is scared of heights to we decided to go to the port for the ocean tour.

We passed by a chapel and prayed there for a while. St. Jude's church has a beautiful structure and the celebration happening was so solemn. I loved the feeling that I had when we were inside the church. I also love the architecture of the church, too bad I wasn't able to take a photo of it because it is prohibited during service hours.

We walked back to Central station and rode a taxi to the ferry port. We got our tickets and got ready for the tour. The tour took an hour to finish. The skyline, the building and their structures and the stories behind each part of the tour left us in awe. We had free cookies and refreshments during the duration of the trip. We enjoyed every single minute of it.


November 18, 2019: Macau Turbojet trip

This was the part of the trip that mamu and I were so excited about. This is a one hour boat ride to Macau and it was a very comfortable ride. It is a good thing that the sea was peaceful and no typhoon warnings were reported on that day. It was actually a bright and sunny day in Macau when we arrived. We had to go through immigration before entering. Mamu told me that there are free shuttle rides to the city that were given by the hotels there. We rode the bus to the Parisian Macau. I loved everything that I saw along the way and when we stepped into the hotel, I was left in awe.

I was able to see the replica of the Eiffel tower and it was beautiful. I only took a photo of the smaller version and not the actual replica. There was also the replica of the famous Fontaines de la Concorde. I remembered seeing it in the movie The Devil wears Prada and it was in the iconic scene where Anne Hathaway (Andrea) threw her phone when Meryl Streep's (Miranda) character was calling her. I loved the structure of the fountain and seeing its replica made me felt like I was actually in France.

The Parisian and Venetian Macau were both architecturally stunning. The chandeliers and the way the shops inside were designed were eye catching. Everything are all well thought of and planned. i loved how unique each shops were and how each area are showing different styles. The whole place smells nice and I know that if I bring my mum there, she will be as happy as I was.



November 19, 2019: En route back to Manila

It was sad that we're packing for Manila but we had a truckload of fun in HK. We decided to go straight to the airport to save time. Mamu and I bought food from different restaurants and we were both full. Our flight was at 2:00 PM and we were there by 10:00 AM so we had a ton of time to roam and shop a little. I was able to purchase the things that my mum asked me to buy. Sadly, I wasn't able to find the chocolates that my brother wanted. We wished we had more time but we had to go to work. We landed in Manila on time but got caught in traffic on our way home.

This is the second time that I went to Hong Kong but it still left me in awe. I was glad that we were safe while we were there. I pray for peace in HK and in the whole world. It is a beautiful place, so is Macau, I just hope that in the future they'll be able to fix the issues and move on.

Mamu and I had a lot of fun during our DIY travel and am looking forward to more travels with her.

Thank you so much for reading and happy weekend!

“Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.”
— Anthony Bourdain




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave the link of your blog so that I can check it too.
Thank you so much for all the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...