Friday, April 13, 2018

Beauy Review: BLK Cosmetics BB + CC Cream Stick in Light Beige


Hello there! This will be my first time using a BB/CC stick and I am looking forward to it.

I got triggered and bought this the other day. I waited for the mall to open so that I can swatch these and purchase one for myself. I have high hopes for this product because I am looking for something that I can wear on a daily basis that is light and won't cake up or oxidize on me. Let's see if the BLK bb + cc cream is the answer to all my make-up prayers.


BLK COSMETICS BB + CC STICK
This is available in three shades: Ivory Beige, Light Beige, Natural Beige

Price: 449 ($8.63)

Available at: SM Stores Beauty Counters, Watsons, BLK Cosmetics Website, Beauy MNL, Shopee.PH

What it claims: Score that coveted Korean glow with this hybrid skin perfector that gives you the benefits of both a BB and a CC cream in an easy-to-use stick. Infused with shea butter, Vitamin A, and Vitamin E, the rich, buildable formula expertly smoothens skin and conceals blemishes, while the unique priming core ensures a flawless application. Use the brush end to buff and blend for an all-day luminous look.


first check in: 9:45 PM

MY SKIN
I have oily skin and I am always having issues with using foundation. I was able to try both bb and cc creams and they worked fine with my abnormal skin. I also have acidic skin that whenever I use foundations, it oxidizes and looks grayish on me which is a bummer. Finding the right product will help me out with covering my impurities and make my face look even and smooth.

PACKAGING
It comes in a retractable container with the product on the other end and a buffing brush on the other. The tube is made of a tough plastic material. The brush on the other end of the tube is. The product itself is your typical cream in a stick and since it is a combo stick, the bb cream and cc cream are separated just like the layers of the Earth. (I am so bad at describing, I hope the photos will give it justice)

FORMULA
It is a mix between creamy and mousse-like texture. I love how smoothly it glides on my face and it can be blended easily. I used a beauty blender to buff it on my skin and it worked well. I haven't tried using a brush but I might do it some time soon.

OVERALL WEAR
I used it as my base when I went to work one day and my shift is for 9 hours. I applied makeup at around 8:40 in the evening and traveled to work at 9pm.  I actually used the Quick FX primer before putting this on, locked it in with the BLK All-Day Matte Powder Foundation and finished everything off with the L'oreal Inffalible Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray. I got exposed to the usual Metro Manila pollution which is a good way to test out this baby.


 swatches in natural light
 swatches in indoor light

SWATCHES
I was able to visit one of BLK's beauty counters at the mall (SM Mall of Asia) and swatched each shade so that I can choose the correct one for my skin. I love how creamy the product and they swatched perfectly. I took photos of these in two different lighting conditions to know if there will be a difference.

12:28 AM
2:08 AM and this is the first time that I blotted since I put on makeup
6:24 AM and it's my second blot using one face of the tissue
12:28 PM and the last blot that I did for the day before removing my makeup
12:30 PM and this is after I have blotted my face

CHECK-INS
I will be checking in every now and then to check if I need to blot and to see if the product is still on my face. These will be in random hours of the day during my Thursday shift. I also apologize for the quality of the photos because I was using my phone, an iPhone 6s, to take the photos. The first photo was when I have arrived a

VERDICT
Light Beige suits my skin tone perfectly and it did not oxidize on me. I chose the correct shade and am pretty sure that this will be my go-to base whenever I feel like being all dolled up. I love that it is not heavy on the skin and it looks like I didn't have anything on. Although I had to blot every now and then, it stayed intact despite the blotting and rubbing that I did. Setting it with powder and finishing spray helped it stay longer as well.
Will I repurchase? I am definitely repurchasing this product and I might hoard this too. I just love the coverage and the effect that it gives my skin. It gives me a flawless, skin-like finish.

Have you tried BLK Cosmetics? If yes, how was it and what products have you tried? If no, would you consider trying it out?

"I think eyebrows are the symmetry of the face. If they're not balanced and brushed up in the right way, your face looks kind of messy."
Amber Valletta 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave the link of your blog so that I can check it too.
Thank you so much for all the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...