Thursday, April 26, 2018

Adventure Time: Chillin' in Baguio

image found here

Hello there! I just wanted to share mine and my family's adventure in Baguio last month. Be ready for a ton of photos.

We went out of town from the evening of March 30th to April 1st. Baguio is the city of pines and is a go-to destination for people who wants to experience the cold mountain breeze. My family and I went there to relax and celebrate family. Luckily, I was able to purchase a new camera and I get to play with it while we were there.

a view from the balcony

Once we arrived, we settled in the transient house that my mum rented out for us. It is 10 minutes away from the city proper. It has 2 rooms, 1 bath/restroom, a cozy living room and a kitchen which is perfect for a family of 5 plus my aunt. We just bought enough food for 2 days and tons of winter wear.

before we enter The Holy Land
look at this cool gate
at their Garden of Eden
Jesus was nailed on the cross 
Jesus rose from the dead

In the morning, we woke up early to prepare and eat breakfast. The first destination is the Holy Land which is situated along Marcos Highway, near the tunnel. The place is actually divided into two: The Holy Land and Dinosaur Land. We opted to go to the latter and do the tour along with the way of the cross. Whenever we are out and about during the holy week, we make sure to do the stations of the cross and hear the mass.

Canon 60D
Fujifilm XA-10

I took advantage of having a photographer as a brother and the picturesque walls that the Holy Land has. These were random shots that my brother took of me and I am so glad that they turned out well. He already did post processing and that is why my lips look darker than usual but I loved the overall effect of the photo. I am not a professional poser or model so this is what I was able to come up with.

after lunch and the contract signing

After that we went to the city to grab lunch. I suggested we eat at Sessions Gallery Cafe since we will meet up with Bei and Paolo there for their photo & video coverage contract signing for their wedding. We had a hard time tracking the place but we got there eventually.

We went to SM City Baguio to do our grocery because we ran out of oil. I thought we were going to stroll around the mall but we were too tired from walking. We walked from the cafe to the mall because it was just across it, but my family isn't fond of walking that is why we did not push thru with walking around the mall, plus there are a ton of people there.

At night, my mum opted to order pizza and chicken for dinner because it was the most convenient way to go. I was able to eat a slice and a couple of fried chicken. There was a mommy cat who visited us that night and I fed her as well. I gave her water but she refused to drink it. She was a beautiful silver tabby and you can see the kittens move in her tummy.

Loved. Was hurt. Sold taho. Moved on. Earned money.

The next day, we started the day with breakfast of course and then off we go to the strawberry fields. We bought fresh fruits, vegetables and tons of pasalubong (souvenirs). My youngest brother and I also tried strawberry taho (silken tofu with usually a caramel sauce and pearls but this time strawberry sauce was used) from a vendor with an interesting sign in front of him. The people are so friendly and you can see smiles everywhere. My younger brother and I were able to buy huge tubs of strawberries for ₱150 and we even got a tray of mini ones for free because we bought 8 tubs. I was able to buy a drawstring bag that has a colorful aztec-like print.

this was taken inside their chapel

We then went to the Pink Sisters Convent to hear the mass. Unfortunately, we came too early so we said our prayers and lit up candles to ask for guidance and healing. I just love it when we visit churches during our trips. I get to see the different designs of the churches and I get to know the different patron saints that they have. I got too emotional when I was praying inside the chapel because my prayer was focused more on my younger brother's healing for his battle from CKD.

image found here

After a break of prayer, we went to the Good Shepherd to buy more pasalubong. Their specialty are Ube (Purple Yam) Jam, Strawberry Jam and Peanut Brittle. You have to write your orders on small sheets of paper that are provided in front of their displays. Once you are done, you can then fall in line to place and get your orders. We were able to buy quite a huge number of products to give away to friends and family.

I had a lot of fun spending time with my family. Until our next adventure loves!

“Do not follow where the path might lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”

— Ralph Waldo Emerson





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave the link of your blog so that I can check it too.
Thank you so much for all the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...