Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Adventure is out there!

original image found here


This year I wanted to go on adventures, go to places that I haven't been too locally. I want to appreciate the beauty my country has. The Philippines is a tropical country but we don't have just beaches and resorts, we have other tourist destinations that we are proud of. Travelling with a friend(s) or family will add to the fun experience ahead. So I decided to create my bucket list, well I have a list of places that I want to go to that is saved on my phone for the longest time, now I will be sharing it with all of you.


My girlfriend's family is from Ilocos and she is willing to bring me there and have a vacation. She said that to be able to enjoy the place you should stay for at least 5 days. It will include a lot of planning and vacation leaves too. The first place that I want to visit in Ilocos is Calle Crisologo in Vigan. I just love the history behind each building and I want to experience it firsthand. I also want to visit Bangui Wind Mills in Ilocos Norte, but the list goes on of places that I want to step foot on.


One of my friends went to Puerto Princesa, Palawan with her mum and they were able to to visit the underground river. It is a serene place and I am proud to say that it is worthy of being part of the new 7 wonders of the world. The people were able to retain the cleanliness and beauty of the river (and cave). I don't know how to swim but I want to go snorkeling in Palawan too. To be able to see the reefs and the sea creatures will be such an experience. I am looking forward to visit this soon.


Bohol has been a part of my list forever because I wanted to interact with the famous Tarsiers. Look how adorable they are, they are one of the common reasons why people wanted to visit the province. Of course, I want to see the Chocolate Hills too, they remind me of kisses chocolates. The hills were destroyed due to an earthquake that shook the island but I believe that restoration was done. The government should focus on rehabilitation and maintenance of our natural resources too.


I am so afraid of the ocean, one part is because my skins gets really flaky when I get contact to salt water, because I don't know how to swim and of what is in the waters. In my curiosity I still want to go swimming with the whale sharks in Donsol, Sorsogon. I know that it's not a common thing for people to be wanting to come face to face with an animal that is larger than a bus but they are majestic creatures and I want to see them in person. They say that these whales are gentle giants and I want to swim with them. (hoping that I won't drown)


Cebu is the home of Magellan's Cross, the famous Portuguese explorer whom visited the Philippines which resulted to the Spanish colonization. I wanted to see where it all began and this was one of the places to visit for you to see the beginning of our country's history. Everything is painted on the ceiling where the cross stands. There are many churches to visit in Cebu too, as per my younger brother Tony who visited the province last month.

It's more fun in the Philippines and I am so looking forward to many adventures around my dear country this year. I will share each step with all of you. Thank you so much for the love and support my dearies. God bless all of you!

"Adventure is out there!"
— Disney, Up



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...