Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Graduation Blues

original image here

Just a little more push, it is almost at the end of the school year.


It is almost graduation month here in the Philippines. It is usually during the month of March, sometimes until May. It is quite warm during those months because it is summer already. People are excited to go on vacations that is why for graduation season most of the after celebration is either at the beach or in resorts. I am not sure of what colors the toga are in other countries but here it is white in high school.

I still remembered the time when I was in my senior year in high school. It is almost graduation day and we had to practice the march, how the diplomas will be handed over and even the graduation song. I wasn't able to get my school year book because there was a problem with printing them out so I just decided not to get it.

I missed senior year because that was the time when I had my first boyfriend, which did not last, and other memories happened. I was able to join the cheer dance competition again and even became a volleyball player. I experienced my first concert and it was amazing. The senior prom was memorable because I got to dance with my crush and got many compliments on how I looked that night. If only I could turn back time so that I can experience them again, sadly I can't.

During this year we get to buy senior class rings of our own, although I did not buy any, it is a tradition to some families. I know that college students also buy class rings, especially those in the military. These are the icing on the cake, a symbol that is saying that you are done with the last stage of being a kid and you will be an adult, go to college and have a career. A symbol that will remind you of your hardships during high school.

Thank you so much for all of the support that you are giving me my dear readers. How about you? What do you miss most during high school? Let me know okay? God bless you.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."
— Nelson Mandela



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...