Sunday, January 4, 2015

OOTD: Collared and Laced

original image here

Hoorah for my first OOTD for 2015!

It was a classy night, everybody was ready and all dressed up, it's aunt Mila's 60th birthday. I decided to be girly that night for my aunt's surprise birthday party. I bought it at Tipsy Lolli, a shop on Instagram, and it is this short dress with intricate lace design. It also has pearl details on the collar. The theme of the party was Breakfast at Tiffany's which is a classic film starring Audrey Hepburn. I wanted to be simple yet classy that is why I chose to wear lace.


The planning of the party was both stressful and fun. My aunt was clueless about it until we brought her at the salon to have her hair and make-up done. It was even a struggle for my mum to have her ate (older sister) wear the dress that we had ordered for her. It was such a memorable night, my cousin from Canada (the only daughter of my aunt) was the mastermind and thank goodness that everything went well.

no am not an athlete (ugh! those calves and arms)
so, my make-up did not last until the end of the night

dress : @tipsy.lolli
shoes : abc family @ 168 Divisoria Mall
watch : 168 Divisoria Mall
paracord bracelet : @broshoponline
earrings : Forever21 (gift from my brother Tony)


I wasn't feeling well that night because of my sore throat and colds but the party must go on. I had to host one game which is, "How well do you know each other?" They both got most of the answers correctly aside from one, which is about their theme song. I also had fun taking photos with my two cousins (Aira & Elsa) and my two younger brothers (Tony & Karl).

 sorry for the awkward smile

I did my own make-up and it turned out okay. This is the first time in months that I used foundation. I never wear foundation anymore because it takes time to apply it. I also did my hair simple because I don't want to look better than the celebrant. I lightly curled the ends of my hair with a hair iron and teased the crown of my hair. I got too caught up with the party so I wasn't able to redo my make-up, but it's okay.


I am hoping to host more parties to practice and be better at talking to people. It is a good way to build confidence & self esteem. Thank God for giving me such a great family that supports me and my relatives who pushes me to strive harder. Looking forward to more opportunities and chances. I would also want to give a kudos to my youngest brother, Karl, for doing a great job taking photos for that event. It was his first event to cover and I am impressed with his shots.

Thank you for keeping my head up, you are such great inspirations to me. May God bless all of you! Stay awesome!

"I don’t want to own anything until I find a place where me and things go together. I’m not sure where that is but I know what it is like. It’s like Tiffany’s."
— Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast At Tiffany's



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...