Friday, January 2, 2015

A New Year Greeting from the Villanueva Family

photo was taken by my brother

Happy New Year everyone!

2014 was a great year for my family, we are so grateful for all of the blessings and opportunities that we had this past year. Last year was memorable and unforgettable, I know this is a cliché but it is. My family's bond has never been this strong. We were able to overcome struggles and challenges, we're all in this together (cue the highschool musical theme song). I thank God for giving my family courage and wisdom because if not for those we won't be able to stand up. We became financially unstable for a few months but were able to pick ourselves up and move forward.

thank goodness for tripods being invented

Let me stop the teary part of this blog and start with the celebration that my family had for the New Year. I had a shift last NYE but I was able to eat and celebrate it with my family before I went to work. My mum did the most creative spaghetti ever, she found a photo that I shared on Facebook of hotdogs pierced with raw spaghetti, it was so clever. We also had beef stew (caldereta), deep fried pork leg (crispy pata), cake, beef steak (bistek tagalog) & more. It was fun, a simple celebration but it was awesome because I get to celebrate it with my family.

 beef stew (caldereta)
deep fried pork leg (crispy pata)
yummy muffins

I have a lot to be thankful for in 2014 but my family is second to God. I will always cherish and love my family because they give me never ending support in my every endeavor. Thank God for families!


May God bless you all and may you all have a great year ahead! Thank you for sharing 2014 with me my dear friends. (virtual HUG!!!)

“Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right..”
― Oprah Winfrey



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...