Saturday, August 25, 2012

Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in Smoothing Cherry Review



I have been addicted to lip balms ever since I could remember. I also tried a lot of it with different brands but one brand stood out from the rest, and that's Maybelline. I first saw the Baby Lips lip balm in YouTube when I was watching a make-up tutorial (I can't remember which make-up guru that is). Whenever I see one guru promoting a product and it's available here, I try it right away.

What is a lip balm? Based on what I've read on Wikipedia, the lip balm or lip salve is a wax-like substance applied topically to the lips of the mouth to relieve chapped or dry lips, angular cheilitis, stomatitis, or cold sores. Lip balm often contains beeswax or carnauba wax, camphor, cetyl alcohol, lanolin, paraffin, and petrolatum, among other ingredients. Some varieties contain dyes, flavor, fragrance, menthol, phenol, salicylic acid, and sunscreens.

The primary purpose of lip balm is to provide an occlusive layer on the lip surface to seal moisture in lips and protect them from external exposure. Dry air, cold temperatures, and wind all have a drying effect on skin by drawing moisture away from the body. Lips are particularly vulnerable because the skin is so thin, and thus they are often the first to present signs of dryness. Occlusive materials like waxes and petroleum jelly prevent moisture loss and maintain lip comfort while flavorants, colorants, sunscreens, and various medicaments can provide additional, specific benefits. 

Here are the other lip balms that I've used for the past years.


The first lip balm that I tried using was by the brand Careline and it's in the Apple variant. It does moisturize my lips but I outgrown the apple flavor of it. I also tried the Maybelline Color & Care Lip Balm but it stings my lips so I stopped using it. I am still using the Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Cherry Tint whenever I feel like sporting red lips. I love it also because it's moisturizing and glossy at the same time. It's like a lip balm and lip gloss in one. I've always thought that red won't suit me but ever since my mum bought me this I love wearing red lips more often than not. As of now, the Maybelline Baby Lips won this lip balm battle for me, thanks to the YouTube make-up gurus.

The Maybelline Baby Lips Lip balm stood out from the other brands that I've used because it does moisturize my lips and has a sweet scent also. I've tried the other three variants but I love the Smoothing Cherry more. It keeps my lips hydrated no matter how hot it is. It prevents my lips from chapping and keeps it plump.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave the link of your blog so that I can check it too.
Thank you so much for all the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...