Monday, July 29, 2019

Self Love: My struggle about my weight and image

original image found here

I have lost a huge chunk of my weight last year because of my diligence in my diet. I tried full keto for almost the whole year. Since the start of 2019, I have been going back to binge eating junk and carbohydrate-filled food and started gaining weight again. I began hating what I am seeing in the mirror so I signed up for a gym membership. I was able to do it for a week and gave up because I got too lazy. I know that I shouldn't stop but my mind is elsewhere and cannot continue with it. I am starting at 60 kg and am hoping to go down to 50 kg before the year ends.

image found here

This month, I decided to go back to doing keto but not too hard core. I have two options this time, either lazy keto or dirty keto or even both. But what is lazy keto? As per an article in healthline: Lazy keto is a popular variation of the very-low-carb ketogenic, or keto, diet. It’s often used for weight loss, and, as the name suggests, it’s designed to be easy to follow. The classic ketogenic diet involves carefully calculating your intake of calories, carbs, fat, and protein to achieve ketosis, a metabolic state in which your body burns mostly fat. However, lazy keto is far less strict, as you only have to pay attention to your carb intake. (https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/lazy-keto)

There is also another version which is the dirty keto. An article says: with the dirty keto variation, the idea is the same - but instead of meeting your macros with healthy protein and avocado, you can binge on junk food three times a day - as long as there are minimal carbs. This means you could technically eat butter, cheese, bacon, and other high-fat and high-cholesterol foods, as they fit into the keto plan - but which can have detrimental effects on your health, including increased risk of heart disease. (https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/dirty-keto-diet-fast-food-carbs-protein-fat-weight-loss-instagram-a8484781.html)

These options are easier for me to follow since I work in the BPO industry and the building where I am working at is surrounded by fast food. I can definitely cook but with my schedule stops me from it. There are days when my dad cooks vegetables for me which is a huge help with my weight loss. I am also thinking of going back to the gym and be serious with working out.

If there is a chance for me to use the stairs even if it will be from the 11th floor to the ground floor. I also liked the fact that the shops and restaurants were a couple of meters away from the office that way I am forced to walk, This enables me to burn fats and exercise for a couple of minutes a day to help me stay in shape.

In has been almost a month without eating rice, with a minimum amount of carbohydrates, and sticking to what I should be eating that fits the diet plan that I am in. I think that I am leaning towards dirty keto but I am seeing small changes in my body. I am seeing a waist again and my tummy is slowly getting smaller.

I will take it nice and slow. I will not force myself to lose weight fast because I might binge eat again. Once I am comfortable enough, I will go back to the gym and continue with my journey until I reach my goal and maintain it.

Thank you for reading and have a great week ahead!

"Life is ten percent what you experience and ninety percent how you respond to it."

 Dorothy M. Neddermeyer





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave the link of your blog so that I can check it too.
Thank you so much for all the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...