Sunday, March 29, 2020

Web Novel: Dream Love (Chapter 1 pt. 5)

original image found here

Part five already? Who is she

A couple of weeks passed and they continue to go on regular dates when they have the chance. They even go to the park and did picnics every now and then. Nathan and Ashley love cooking and preparing food for each other became a part of their routine as well. During picnics, they take turns on who will cook for the day. Their last one was on a warm day, underneath the same maple tree, eating the brownies that Ash baked.

"These brownies are so amazing babe," Nathan said munching on two chunks.
"Glad you liked it but I don't think eating them all at once isn't a good idea," she chuckled.
"But I love them so much," he smiled.
"You are just the cutest, " wiping off the bits of brownies on his face. She looked at him and then continued pouring milk for them to drink.

It was a nice, warm day which is perfect for a picnic. They plan on spending time together at an amusement park in a city a couple of miles away from here. They have new rides and both want to try them out. This will be on the day of their first month, both are excited for this first milestone in their relationship.

10 June 2021
Happy first month to the couple

On the day of their first month as a couple, it started as a regular working day for both. Nathan went to work at Coffee Star Co. and he have yet to let Ash know that he is stationed near her office. This secret was a part of the surprise that he has for his girlfriend. It was so hard for him to keep secrets from her but this was a plan he had been perfecting and hopes that it goes well.

"You planning on giving those to her later?" Jake, Nathan's colleague said while looking at the box he was holding.
"Oh, these? Nope. We will be going to an amusement park tomorrow, I will give it there," he replied.
"She is one lucky girl, I can tell you that," Jake winked.

Feeling all energized and inspired, Nathan started his shift with a huge smile on his face. Each other he took and drinks he prepared, he makes sure that everything is perfect. He was such a dedicated employee that his superiors noticed right away.

This will truly be a great year for me!

12:30:05 PM
Corporate Tower 5

"What is up with this guy, he hasn't texted me since this morning," Ashley sighed.
"He must be busy," Tess said.
"Or maybe, he is planning a surprise and doesn't want you to spoil it," Cy added enthusiastically.

Poking her half eaten bibimbap, Ashley couldn't help but wonder what could've happened to Nathan. This was so not like him. Tess and Cy did their best to cheer her up, even bought her ice cream but nothing seems to lift her spirit up.

"Stop overthinking girl, it is bad for your psyche," Cy said while tapping her shoulder.
"She's right, nothing bad will happen to Nathan, stay positive," Tess added.
"I will try, but I am still worried," Ash answered still poking her food.

5:05:10 PM
Corporate Tower 5

Time passed by so fast that it is already the end of her shift. She filed for a two day leave for tonight and the next day to spend time with Nathan but who knows what will happen next. He hasn't even left a message on her social media accounts, this was bothering her so much. Before heading home, Ash checked her phone and saw Nathan's text message.

04:05:59 PM
Babe, can you pass by Coffee Star Co. later? There's this mug I've been wanting to buy. Let's do a video call so that you can show me what they have available. Thanks babe, I love you!

I have been waiting for a text but not like this one. He didn't even greet me, it's our first month together.


05:13:65 PM

Hi babe, am on my way to there. I will just call you once I get there ok? I love you so much.


***

He felt a buzz in his pocket, he was just finishing up inventory in the storage room.

04:05:59 PM
Babe, can you pass by Coffee Star Co. later? There's this mug I've been wanting to buy. Let's do a video call so that you can show me what they have available. Thanks babe, I love you!

Peeping through the door to the main cafe, he called his friend's attention.
"Hey Jake, please let me know if my girl is here already, I will take her order before my shift ends ok?"
"Sure bruh, I got you," Jake said signaling for a fist bump.

***

With quite a heavy heart, she bid Cy and Tess goodbye and went to the café. Clueless about what to actually look for, she decided to just stay there for a while and make a video call and show him the available mugs there so that he could choose. Before she calls him, she decided to order coffee and calm her nerves. She couldn't afford to have a panic attack here.

Approaching the counter, one of the baristas went to the back with a huge grin on his face, so the counter was empty.

That's odd.

While waiting for him to get back and take her order, she searched for her loyalty card in her bag.

"Where the heck is that card,"
"Good morning, can I take your order miss?" a voice said.
"Am just looking for my card, am sorry. Oh! Here it is. Hi, can I order one large warm white chocolate mocha. Almond milk and no whip please. How much will—" looking up she saw a vision. It was Nathan, no wonder he wants her to pass by the café.
"Will that be for here or to go?" he grinned.

Ash was speechless at the sight of her boyfriend in front of her so she just gestured that it was for to here. That is why he never mentioned what exact location of the cafe he was posted at. She wanted to be mad at him but his smile makes her want to melt.

"That's one large warm white chocolate mocha, with almond milk and no whip. Can I ask for your name for the cup?" he asked.
"Oh uhm ah, put babe in there please," she blushed.
"Sure, babe it is," he replied.

Chuckling to himself, he punched her order in and personally made her coffee. It was the end of his shift and the last coffee he'll prepare for the day. After preparing her drink and punching out, he bid his friend goodbye and delivered the drink to Ashley.

"Hey princess," he smiled at her and even bought her everything bagel with cream cheese.
"I hate you," Ashley turned her back on him.
"I am so sorry babe, I just wanted to surprise you that's all. Happy first month to us,"
"I was worried," she faced him, "Happy first month to us babe, please don't do anything like that ever again ok"
"I promise, I love you!" he kissed her forehead.

They stayed at the cafe for a while and planned their trip to the amusement park. Nathan informed Ash about his planned leave as well, which means that they will be able to spend more time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave the link of your blog so that I can check it too.
Thank you so much for all the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...