Monday, October 7, 2019

Fashion Post: Scoring big at the thrift store

ORIGINAL IMAGE FOUND HERE

Scored awesome finds in the thrift store

I know that I have been posting about thrift shopping but I really love it, especially for the fact that you can score awesome finds there. I was able to find clothes from known or vintage brands at the thrift stores that I go to and I want to share them with you. These are some of the items that I had throughout the years and I will be breaking them down one by one.


Let me start with this Zara Basics dress that I bought a couple of years ago. I bought it for ₱180 ($3.44), and as per my research, this was sold for $120. I bought it from a thrift store 15 minutes away from our house. I loved the delicate fabric and the design of the dress. Unfortunately, i gave it away to a friend but am actually asking if I can have it back because I regret giving it away.


My soul sister, Bei, bought me a Champion hoodie. Yes, it is a Champion hoodie and I was shocked that she was able to score this for ₱25 ($0.48) at a thrift store in Baguio where she is now living with her husband and baby girl Aya. I was able to find a similar hoodie and it was sold for almost $30 which is far from the amount that she was able to buy it for.

I was able to find a The Hundreds black long sleeve for ₱90 ($1.72) at a thrift store near my girlfriend’s place in Pampanga. This was sold for almost $40 but can be sold for clearance at $14. I wore this when we went to Korea and it was so in style that I want to wear it again and again.


This was an awesome score that I wasn’t even aware of. This Pink House jacket was sold in a night market in Pampanga and I was not familiar with the brand but I bought it because of the vintage design. I don’t have a red jacket and this really caught my attention. I bought it for ₱50 ($0.96) and when I saw that it was a vintage brand and was sold for $128 I was shook. I am so keeping this.


I also bought this Burberry pullover but I am not sure if it is legit. I saw a similar pullover that was sold on eBay for $107 but I was able to buy it for ₱180 ($3.44). I usually pair it with a skater skirt and actually wore it on my interview for my current job. I think that this pullover was my lucky charm that is why I got hired and am still here for three years and almost four months now.

If you are patient and diligent enough, you will be able to find hidden gems at the thrift store. I watched a vlog earlier and she was able to find a Balenciaga coat which is an awesome score at the thrift store. (wow, that rhymed) So I am hoping that on my next trip at the thrift store gems and treasures will be unveiled and I will share it with you.

Thank you so much for reading this post and have a great week!

"Don't be into trends. Don't make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way to live."
— Gianni Versace




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave the link of your blog so that I can check it too.
Thank you so much for all the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...