Friday, May 11, 2018

Update Post: My Weight Loss Journey

image found here

Hello there! I will tell you the story of my weight loss journey.

I started getting conscious with my weight when I experienced difficulty in breathing whenever I am walking. I decided to work on losing weight and live a healthier life. My eating habits have worsen ever since I joined the BPO industry. In the company that I am currently employed, we have two free meals and some occasional eat outs with the team.

May 17, 2017
November 22, 2017
January 1, 2018
February 2018
April 8, 2018

This year started with me eating a ton during the New Year. Days pass and I have been binging on junk food and carbonated drinks. My skin got worse and my health started to decline. I have become sickly and weak. I needed to step up and make it right. I am not getting any younger, good health should start right now. Sorry if I won't be able to share solo photos of me, I was too shy to take full body photos.

image found here

My girlfriend pushed me to workout when I visited her last month. She helped me with warming up since she was an athlete in high school. I downloaded an app for 7 minute workouts. I am such a lazy bod and this app was such a blessing. You work out for 30 seconds, rest for 10 seconds and then start again for the next 30 minute workout until you reach 7 minutes. It is a free app on Apple Store and you should definitely try it out. It will only eat 7 minutes of your time a day which is not bad at all. The next day, we walked around the oval, near their house, three times and it felt so good. (this post is not sponsored) I also make sure to walk more whenever I am in the office so that I won't feel stagnant.

The diet that I chose to stand and live by is the Ketogenic diet. What the heck is keto diet? Basically, it is a diet which focuses on you eating fats. You’ve read it right, eating fat to lose weight. What the diet does is turn fat (healthy fat that is) into energy. Ketosis is a natural process that our body does that helps us survive the day whenever our food intake is low. During this state, our body produces ketones, which is produced from the breakdown of fats in the liver. (https://www.ruled.me/guide-keto-diet/)

I am also seeing meal plans roaming around Instagram where you will subscribe to a monthly plan. You will be receiving three (sometimes four) meals a day for a certain amount of calories that is within the keto diet qualifications. Most of them are nutritionists whom will calculate the total amount of calories needed for the day and they ask for the help of chefs to make the meals. It is a strict diet that composes mostly of healthy fats.


 April 15, 2018
(my ultimate cheat meal)

I started this diet last March, literally on the first day of the month. It was a struggle at first, choosing what food to it and making sure that it fits the diet that I am in. Focusing more on the macros, fats and protein, and omitting sugars & carbohydrates from my life forever. I indulge on dark chocolate once a week but making sure that it is within the 70% - 100% cacao grid. I love munching on hard boiled eggs and a handful of cashew nuts when I am at work. I have been drinking more than 8 glasses of water a day. It keeps me hydrated and it actually suppresses my hunger.

The difference starts in you, you have to make your mind and body ready to face the difficulties of losing weight no matter what diet or regimen you may do. Ketogenic diet, just like any other diets out there, requires full dedication and commitment. You need to be strict with what you eat and workout even twice a week. The last time that I had myself weighed it showed 61.1kg, a little more push and I am close to my goal, plus some of my jeans and clothes are baggy on me.

It was a struggle but I am pushing through this journey and I am happy with the results. I will continue to stick with the diet and work my hardest to exercise as well regularly. This helped me love myself more and boosts my self confidence. I was timid and too insecure to face people, now, I am more confident to face the world and show it what I've got.

Lately, I have been thinking of changing my diet plan but I am still doing my research on what I should do. Intermittent fasting is quite promising because it is perfect for my work since bulk of my day is spent in the office and travelling to and from work. I am also considering being vegetarian but I need to research more on this because it will force me to cook especially alternative food for meat. If you have any suggestions, please do let me know so that I can do my research.



April 30, 2018

Small steps can go a long way so start now or forever regret what you've missed. I suggest you do your research or see an expert for help on what diet will fit your health and lifestyle. Let's do this together and face the world with our heads up high!

"You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."
— Diane Von Furstenberg




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave the link of your blog so that I can check it too.
Thank you so much for all the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...