Nothing says Spring than flowers, picnics and popcorn. There is no Spring time here in the Philippines but if the weather is perfect, it is the time to spend with your family or friends. Go to the park and share snack with each other. With the help of SkinnyPop Popcorn, I am here to share a fun recipe with you using popcorn as the main ingredient.
- Cork Kernels or (in this case) PopCorn
- Flower Shaped PopCorn
- White Chocolate
- Pink or Red Food Color
- Chocolate Candy
- Let us start popping. In a sauce pan or pot, pour at least 3 tablespoon of oil (coconut, peanut or canola oil) and let it heat up.
- When the oil is hot enough, get those kernels and pour them on the pot. In 30 - 40 seconds you should hear popping sounds and once it dies down you can take it off the heat.
- Chop up the chocolate, if you are using a bar, and place it in a bowl with milk. We will be melting these in a bain-marie. Once melted, let it cool a little and put a few drops of food coloring to make it pink.
- Place the popcorn on a baking sheet and once it is cool you can go crazy with pouring the pink chocolate concoction on these babies.
- Once all of the popcorn are covered with the pretty chocolate river, throw in some chocolate candies, peanut butter cups and marshmallow for more fun!
This will be a fun treat for a party or a picnic date with your family and friends. You can use different candies and even different food colors depending on the theme or your mood. Basically, the sky is the limit when it comes to popcorn.
I hope that this was helpful and I hope you try this too. Thank you for reading!
"There are few things so pleasant as a picnic eaten in perfect comfort."