Sunday, June 28, 2015

My Life in Review: June 2015

original image found HERE

Hi! I want to welcome you to my life in review for the month of June.

This is a new content in my blog. I know it has been a while since I sat down and contemplated about my life (as if my life is interesting as it is) but I want to create something new, something that will help you know me better. I decided to make a review of what happened to me, or my life in general, for the month of June. It was a whirlwind, but I had fun that is why I will be sharing it to you.

In the first part of June, on the 12th to be exact, we attended my cousin's (Daryl) wedding. I was one of the secondary sponsors but I wasn't able to attend the actual ceremony because I had to go to work. I was in the pictorials and helped with directing it too. My brother, along with his friend, was the main photographer. He is getting better at it and I couldn't be more proud. I am wearing purple because the theme/motif of the occasion is rainbow. I bought the cake, it was covered in white fondant with rainbow cake inside. It was also embellished with rhinestones and red flowers. Kudos to me for that awesome cake.

[from left to right] My cousins and me: Geanne (pink), Aira (blue), Elsha (yellow), Me (purple) & Roma (green). Melody is the name of the bride.
they sliced the chocolate part of the cake and not the rainbow part :(

The day after the wedding, my cousin Ate Ayin invited my family to go to Tagaytay to stroll around People's Park and eat lunch. They visited the country, from Singapore, so that they could attend Daryl's wedding too. It has been a while since I last saw ate and her daughters who are all grown up now. We had fun taking photos, well I was the one taking their photos, and strolling around the park. Ate and her kids rode the horses there. We had lunch at a restaurant near Peeople's Park, I forgot the name of it though. Too bad that we can't see the Taal from the window but the wind was so cool that I just forgot the volcano. We had bulalo, crispy pata and tons of rice. My dad offered me beer, although I am super sleepy because I came from work, so I took it.

this is the only photo of me from this trip
#epicfailbecausethereisnotaalvolcanointhisphoto

The Sunday from that week, my family and I went out to eat at The District Mall Imus. We ate at Sweet Solutions which has a nice ambiance. The place is so clean and organized that I want to go back. They specialize in cakes, pastries and sweets but they also serve viands, especially Filipino home cooked food. I paid for it, called first blood so as as my mum calls it, and it was satisfying. It was the first pay out that I received so might as well spoil my family for once.

say hello to my haggard face *TADAH
 grilled pork
drunken shrimp (nilasing na hipon)
mango salad
of course halo-halo
sinigang na bangus (milkfish)

I also received goodies from Ate Ayin, which are Mary Kay cosmetics and from Kay (our trainer), which are Meaningful Beauty products, because of my hard work. I did a review on one of the Mary Kay products here and I will do the rest if I find time to do so.

The gift from Ate Ayin came in this cute Clinique pouch

I have been into reading this month that I am about to finish my second one. I was able to finish Jenny Han's P.S. I Still Love You and it such a good read. I was so curious about the title of the book that I bought it and read it. It took me three days to finish it since I have work and all. I never thought that I'd be reading such a book and actually liked it. I am more into the fictional books from author's like John Grisham or Dan Brown but this, this is quite a good book. I really liked it. I am not reading Solenn Heussaff and Georgina Wilson's book entitled Besties and it is an interesting read. It is focusing on how to deal with life's many aspects such as make-up, health, fashion and confidence. I am liking how they made it into a picture book that you can see each aspect and how to's. I am almost done with it and might do a review, well for both books that I read.


I bought a new bag from Nikzie Shop and I am so in love with it, I could cry. It has studs too, just like my other bags from the same shop. I will be doing an updated what's in my bag post soon. It was love at first sight, when I saw it on her page I almost fainted. ahahaha.

meet Anna

So there, to wrap up this month I shared snippets of my life and hopefully next month I will be able to share more. Looking forward to July and the months to come.

That is it, till the next post. God bless!

“The real opportunity for success lies within the person and not in the job.”
— Zig Ziglar



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...