Saturday, July 26, 2014

Review: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Genius Kit


similar one HERE

I think it is time for me to make changes in my blog's content. I have been browsing through a lot of blogs and magazine articles lately and I think that my blog needs a do-over (make over) and I will start with this post. I will be doing a review about a product that my cousin, whom visited us from Canada, gave me since I asked for it in the first place.
I looked up the description of the product in Sephora and it states there that it's a two-step kit that’s perfect for achieving natural-looking, beautifully bold brows. Beauty Genius Clear Waterproofing Gel, a specialty waterproof sealer, and Brow Wiz Loose Powder can be mixed to create perfect waterproof brow color that lasts. Custom create any brow look, from a subtle tint to a bold, dramatic brow that stays put all day and night. The kit, based on Sephora, is sold for $24 which is roughly 1,000php in the Philippines.

The kit that my ate gave me has the Beauty Genius Clear Waterproofing GelBrow Wiz Loose Powder & the Mini Duo Brush #7 to apply the product. It came in a pretty box that has both English & French instructions on how to use the kit properly. The Beauty Genius Clear Waterproofing Gel is said to Bond, seal, and waterproofs powder makeup, loose pigment, loose shadows, micas, and glitter. Safe to use on the eyelids, face, lips, and on the body. The Brow Wiz Loose Powder, which is in the shade Brunette, is lightweight, sheer to medium coverage powder formula for filling in and defining the eyebrows. Lastly the brush is purse-friendly brow brush duo is made of 100% synthetic bristles on one end, and has a spooley brush for grooming and blending product on the other. Perfectly sized for on-the-go touch-ups and everyday application of brow products.


I tried using the gel with the powder at first and I had a lot of trouble with it. I was thinking that it is just like using water with an eyeshadow to build up the color but I guess I was doing it wrong. I gave it another go and I got used to using the gel but decided not to because I am used to using either just an eyebrow pencil or a brow powder.

 Pardon the weird face

I have been loving the brow powder ever since I started using it (without the gel) because it is really pigmented. The way it glides on smoothly on my brows whenever I use it makes it easier since it has a good color pay off.

So far this product has been my go to for my brows. I can easily define my brow because of the brush duo that comes with the kit. It is also lightweight and can fit even the smallest makeup bag. This is such a great product and I will definitely give this a 5 out of 5 for the color payoff, 3 out of 5 for the use of the gel because it makes it harder to blend (in my case only since I am new to using brow gels) and a 5 out of 5 for the pretty packaging that the kit has. I also love that the loose powder container can be opened so that you can still replace the excess product that you weren't able to use.

Thank you so much for sharing this change with me my dear readers. I missed doing posts and I hope that I can keep up with it. God bless all of you!

A beautiful woman delights the eye; a wise woman, the understanding; a pure one, the soul.
-- Minna Antrim



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave the link of your blog so that I can check it too.
Thank you so much for all the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...