Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Style Tips: How I Style a Skater Skirt


image from WeHeartIt



Hey roses!

Today is a new day and I would want to post something that I haven’t done before. This is about how you could style your skater skirt. It is just like a circle skirt and you can dress it up or down, depending on the occasion. I have a couple of skater skirt in my closet and I am having fun styling them. I used Polyvore to put these looks together.

I will start with an outfit where you could wear this skater skirt in a casual day. I will be doing a look for a trip to the amusement park. Also keep in mind that when you are wearing a skirt be sure to wear shorts, cycling shorts or a boyleg underneath. The three looks that I put together are a casual day time look, chic office wear and a night time look.


The outfit that I put together for this day at the amusement park is something comfortable. I chose this pink skater skirt because I want the look to be bright and cheerful. I paired it with a white crop top to keep it clean and simple as well. A pair of sneakers finishes the look because I want it to be comfortable since it is for strolling around the amusement park. Added accessories such as a bright collar necklace and arm candy will make this look hip as well. You can always put your hair in a high ponytail to give focus on your face as well. Going around the amusement can be tiring and with your hair up will keep you looking fresh.


The next look is good for working girls. The red skater skirt gives this look a pop of color because office clothes don’t have to be boring and monochromatic. I paired it with a flowy cream top that is very feminine. I just love pairing light colored tops with bright bottoms because the contrasting colors are striking. Cream pumps and a cream blazer will finish the look because I still want it to be office friendly.


The last look that I created is for a night out with the girls. I would want something that is classy but still appropriate for the occasion. I don’t like clothes that will make me or anyone look cheap. The top that I chose for this look is a gold sequined shirt. It is very classy and chic but not over the top. You don’t need jewelry or accessories since the top has a lot going on. Pairing it with black really makes it pop. I had trouble choosing what pair of shoes I should include here. Since the look that I put together is for a cocktail evening, I chose a pair of black pumps. I am a simple girl I don’t like to be over the top. The makeup that I chose is a smokey eye and highlights on the face. A nude lip is perfect since there is already intensity on the eyes.

I had fun doing this post. I just hope that this is helpful. If you have any other ways to style a skater skirt let us know in the comment box below.

Thank you so much for reading this. God bless you.

Stay fab and gorgeous!

"Elegance is the only beauty that never fades."
— Audrey Hepburn



2 comments:

  1. I saw lots of skater skirt at online and I definitely want to buy. Thanks for this useful tip. I love the outfit for working girls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think that is the trend this season,
      am not sure but thanks for appreciating the post.
      :)

      Delete

Leave the link of your blog so that I can check it too.
Thank you so much for all the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...