image from weheartit
I will be sharing tips on how I put on lipstick. I got into using lipstick when I was in college. I had to give my lips color since they are chapped, dry and dark. I don't smoke but my lips are so dark that I had to do something. Since then it became a huge part of my life, especially when I am going out.
The products that I have are from the coral and pink family. I don't own anything that is out of the ordinary, I stick to colors that will flatter me and will fit my skin tone. I have posted something about my lipstick collection here. The products that I have in my collection are more on local brands because I love the formula of the local brands, especially Ever Bilena.
So here are the steps on how I put my lipstick on.
image from weheartit
(you could also exfoliate your lips first to prevent chapped & dry lips using a soft tooth brush or a mixture of petroleum jelly and sugar)
1. First I put lip balm on to keep my lips moist. (I love the Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in Smoothing Cherry)
2. I then pick a color that suits my mood or my blush. (for darker eyes wear nude or lighter shade of the lipstick. If you want a bold lip color, keep the rest of your makeup light)
3. I start from the left side of my lip and then the right.
edited photo from image from weheartit
4. I then put one swipe on the bottom lip.
5. If I wanted a bolder color I do a second swipe.
6. Put a piece of tissue in between the lips to remove excess product.
Here are some corrective techniques for specific lip shapes:
|Lip Shapes||Corrective Techniques|
|Full Lips||Use a natural lip liner to draw inside your natural lip line to make it appear thinner.|
|Thin Lips||Use a lip liner and draw slightly outside your upper and lower lips to make your lips appear fuller.|
|Drooping Corners||Use your lip liner to build up the corners of the upper lip slightly.|
|Bow Lips||To soften the peaks of the upper lip, use a lip liner to draw a softer curve.|
excerpts from [ http://www.wow-makeup-styles.com/applying-lipstick.html ]
I hope that this post helped you. If you have any other tips please do share it with us. Thank you so much for reading loves. God bless you.