Thursday, September 5, 2019

Fashion Finds: Thrift store finds for ₱50 or less

original image found here

Hello there! I am here to share my collective thrift store finds.

I have been thrift shopping a lot for clothes these past few months whenever I am visiting my girlfriend in Pampanga. What can your ₱35 buy? You can have a complete meal in Tapsilogan (beef, egg & fried rice) places. You can even buy ice cream for yourself. Here is the plot twist, I was able to buy awesome clothes worth ₱35. Yes, you have read it right, clothes for as cheap as that.

The first thrift store, well a pop up store, that I visited was during a night market in an open area nearby. I searched through their racks for clothes that I could wear in the office. They have a huge variety of coats and jackets hanging off of the racks and two of them caught my attention.

 dress thrifted | jacket thrifted | shoes adidas

The first one that I picked up is a red bomber jacket with a cool detail in the back. The fabric is thick and heavy which is perfect because it is cold in our office. It keeps me warm and is very fashionable. It is quite faded but I like it because it gives a vintage feel to it. I just found out how much this jacket cost and it got me shookt.


 
 shirt thrifted | hoodie thrifted | black leggings taytay shoes kicks

I was able to find a cable knit sweater with a hoodie in that same store. The awesome part is that there is a thick fur fabric on the inside which is good for insulation and it has a hood which is a bonus. I love how cozy this is and it is perfect for the office. I have yet to wear this if ever I will be going out of the country again.


 shirt shestyles| hoodie thrifted | black leggings taytay shoes pony

My girlfriend and I, along with her cousins, went to a flee market in search of hoodies. I have been looking for a pink hoodie ever since I watched Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo. I just loved the color and how cool it looks. Luckily, the same pop up thrift store is there so I started searching for my target. I found a light pink hoodie from the same store. The hoodie is by Old Navy Active which is another jackpot at the thrift store. I loved that it has holes for my thumbs because I like sweaters with that special feature. It has a thin fabric so I needed to wear something underneath to keep me warm at work.


hoodie thrifted | black jeans shopee shoes adidas

The second hoodie that I saw was a bright pink hoodie by the brand Livi Active. It is actually a plus size active wear line and since I love wearing over-sized clothing, the size is perfect for me. I just pulled out the strings from the hood because it got stuck in the middle of the hoodie. I tucked the front because it was too baggy for me. Well, most of my thrift finds are too baggy for me. haha


jersey thrifted | black jean shorts sm store shoes adidas

We were able to visit the night market and I was able to buy this college ice hockey jersey for ₱35 and it was such an awesome find. I am not into sports nor do I know the team that the jersey represents but I bought it because it was different from the stuff that I bought from the past. It is warm and cozy, it was too large for me but that is what I actually look for when buying sweaters or hoodies.


I was also able to buy floral shirts for my brother which he wore when we went to Boracay last May. It fit him perfectly and he loved both prints. One of the shirts was missing a button but you won't notice it because the buttons are almost the same color as the flowers on the shirt. I was able to buy him one in red and another in green.

Let me also feature these three hoodies that my soulsis, Bei, (she has a blog, go and check it out) bought me in Baguio. It was sold in three for ₱50 which is a better deal that what I have found.

floral sweater thrifted | zip-up jacket gifted & thrifted | gray pants bench shoes kicks

One of the jackets were a Champion hoodie that is so warm and cozy. Knowing the brand and its price, finding one with this price range is amazing. I paired it with one of my purchases at the flee market which was a floral sweater from the brand Roxy. I loved the floral print and I couldn't pass on it. The fit of the sweater was amazing, it's like it was made just for me. If I am not mistaken, this brand costs a ton here in the Philippines and scoring this for ₱35  is such a steal.

zip-up hoodie thrifted | gray shirt gifted | gray skirt uniqlo shoes world balance

She also bought me a striped zip-up hoodie. I loved how roomy it is and the vintage wash is to die for. I also loved that the hood is large because I love these type of hoodies. She was actually worried that this was too big for me but it is just perfect. Just like the other outfits, I tried recreating a look that I found online and this was surprisingly okay for me. I have never worn this skirt for work before and I am into it.

muscle shirt shestyles| hoodie gifted & thrifted | black leggings taytay shoes world balance

Lastly, it is a bright orange hoodie that makes me feel like a rapper whenever I wear it. It is so bright that you can see me from afar. The way I styled this hoodie is a little different from what I am used to. I don't often wear anything underneath hoodies like this and surprisingly, I am liking this look. It is good to try out different styles sometimes.

Thrift shopping is so therapeutic for me because I get to see many clothes and it helps me with decision-making. I also practice self control whenever I am in a thrift store because you can never have just one item of clothing especially if the shop carries signature or branded clothes, you just have to look through all of the racks to find the perfect outfit.


Are you fond of thrift shopping? What are the clothing items that you love purchasing there?

Thank you for reading and happy week!

"Fashion is the armor to survive the reality of everyday life."
— Bill Cunningham



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave the link of your blog so that I can check it too.
Thank you so much for all the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...