Saturday, August 11, 2018

Update Post: I am a bibliophile at heart

original photo found here

Where have I been? What happened?

I have been into reading lately and that is the reason why I haven’t been updating my blog. I got into reading when one of my colleagues found out that I was a bibliophile just like him. I am addicted to sniffing the pages of old books and the feeling of each page on my hands is erotic. If I remembered it correctly, the last book that I read was The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. He is my favorite author but Val opened up my eyes to a few more authors that I could venture on.

He stated with a few books by James Rollins and it was his Sanguine Trilogy. The books took me to a world that I have never imagined and made me ask questions that I never thought I’d ask. I am a devout Catholic and am of service to the church but the books made me ask, “Why”? I know that you shouldn’t question the church, its history and future but there are many what ifs that has gone through my mind and I even ended up asking our parish priest for answers.


original photo found here

I have gone through 4 books in a month and last July the count went up to 9 books for that month. Val’s books were exceptional and his favorite author stood up to my expectations. I have gone through the amazon, went to subterranean caves and even experienced being a strigoi for a month. James Rollins took me to places that I can’t imagine. Every event, every conversation makes you get hooked to the book the more that you read each book.

original photo found here

Val then let me borrow books from James Twining, only two books though, which made me appreciate art more. The Gilded Seal and The Geneva Deception had me going on adventures with Tom Kirk and the way that he outsmart each art theft was astonishing. I have yet to read other books from him and I might even purchase two more of the Tom Kirk series just so I could complete the four books and read more on the lead.

original photo found here

Lastly, my colleague lend me his collection of Steve Berry books. He is also one of his favorites and sharing these with me made him excited every time that he hands me the books. I never thought that the history of the Romanov family will tickle my mind. To be honest, I am not into history but these books changed me. I was able to look for the amber room and now I am working on finding out about the death of Cotton Malone’s father in Antarctica.

Books tickle your imagination and makes you travel to places without you leaving the comfort of wherever you are reading. They take you back in time and makes you wonder, what if I was there? The books that Val shared with me made me wake up the sleeping bookworm in me, and I thank him for that. It helps me exercise my mind as well, there are times that I even dream about the book that I am reading.

I have yet to create a collection of my own and I am certain about what specific books I will be collecting. Do you have a favorite book or a favorite author? Can you let me know so that I can check them out as well.

Thank you and God bless!
"Books are a uniquely portable magic."
– Stephen King





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave the link of your blog so that I can check it too.
Thank you so much for all the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...