Sunday, July 28, 2019

Beauty: 1 Day 1 Mask Challenge

original image found here

Challenge accepted!

So, I have read that sheet masks are good for your skin so I accepted the challenge of using one per day to see the results. I have oily combination skin and have texture too. Each sheet mask is made for a specific reason and will give specific effects depending on the ingredients used. I was able to see a couple of blogs who also did this challenge such as Niasha and BeautyMNL.

I bought a truckload of sheet masks from Korea when we went there and I want to use them before they go bad. Although, as per my research, they last for 1 - 3 years when unopened and refrigerated. I also made sure to check the manufactured date just to make sure that I am using them within the time frame that they are still okay to be used.



I started with this challenge last Monday and so far I am liking it. I started with the snail sheet mask that I bought from Korea. I liked how my face felt after I used it. I let it stay on my face for 15 minutes. I actually used this after my clay mask, I know that some will say not to do it but it helped bring back the moisture in my face. This is why snail slime is beneficial for our skin: The claimed benefits of snail extract range from fixing sunspots to smoothing out creases and wrinkles and even halting acne, supposedly due to the mucus' ability in promoting the production of elastin and collagen in users' skin. And some folks are shelling out hundreds of dollars for novel snail-based cosmetics. (http://www.sciencebeautygal.com/tips-and-explainers/the-benefits-and-risks-of-using-snail-slime-products-on-your-face-and-skin-a-conclusive-guide)



The next day, I tried the pearl sheet mask from the brand Ekel. I bought this a couple of months back and I am using it up just now. (I am such a hoarder) This mask is said to brighten up dull skin and even out the skin tone giving it a youthful glow. Who knows that this precious stone used for jewelry can be used for skincare right? I got excited for this mask and it did not fail me. I liked it a lot.



For the third day of my challenge, I chose to use the aloe variant from Ekel. I know that aloe vera is good for the hair because my late grandmother used it on my hair to make it thicker and healthier. As per my research, it is also good for the skin because it add moisture to the skin and keeps it supple too. Upon further research, aloe vera helps reduce signs of aging, damage from UV rays and it helps rejuvenate the skin. I got surprised because when I opened up the packet there's a gel-like substance innthe serum which reminded me of an actual aloe vera plant.



This is such an unusual ingredient but I know that it does have skincare benefits. Bird's nest can help nourish and moisturize your skin. It also helps lighten dark spots and it brightens the skin too. I bought this from Mumuso which is a Korean concept store. It was sold in a box of ten masks. I noticed that this is the thinnest sheet mask that I have tried and it is overflowing with serum in it. It actually fits my face perfectly because it is smaller than the other masks that I have tried.



This is another sheet mask that I am excited to use because I know that green tea has tons of skincare benefits. The actual tea is good for digestion and the its benefits for the skin are endless. In scientific researches, green tea is said to help fight skin cancer because it promotes DNA repair. It also has anti-inflammatory agents that helps with reducing irritation and swelling like puffy eyes. My face also felt sticky after I used this mask but my face felt soft. I didn't like the fact that there were almost no serum left on the packet for me to use. I usually put the remaining serum on my elbows, knees and feet to keep them soft.


The second to the last one that I used was Nature Republic's royal jelly sheet mask. This is used to help with providing nourishment and reduces wrinkles on your face. It also has healing properties and has anti-bacterial benefits which is perfect for acne-prone skin. I might hoard these sheet masks to help with my hormonal acne. What I noticed about this mask is that it contains almost no serum on the packet and it smelled like chemicals. I am not sure if that is just the specific one that I have or it is supposed to be like that but I don't mind it. It also made my skin feel sticky afterwards but it was so soft that I cannot stop touching it.

photos taken by: yours truly | photos taken with: Huawei Nova 3i | editing: Adobe Lightroom CC

This specific mask is given to me by mamu Chrissie and was a bit hesitant to use it because of the unusual ingredient but I was surprised by its benefits. It does not have the actual fish as an ingredient but salmon egg extracts. This mask helps protect your skin from aging and helps with the skin's elasticity. I also used this after my clay mask and I loved how my skin felt right after. It did not leave my skin sticky, only smooth and supple.

After a week of using the sheet masks, my skin feels so soft and supple. It actually helped lighten my skin a little. I would love to try it out more so that I can see even better results.

Have you tried this challenge before? What were the results? If you haven't will you try it out? Please do let me know in the comments section.

Thank you and have a great week!

"I'm a big believer in that if you focus on good skin care, you really won't need a lot of makeup."
— Demi Moore









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave the link of your blog so that I can check it too.
Thank you so much for all the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...