Monday, April 6, 2015

Outfit of the day: 02 April 2015


Follow me as I tackle the slopping grounds of Caleruega.

 rustic directions

My family and I went to Caleruege to follow the stations of the cross. Based on what we were able to research, this place is a perfect way to pray and be at peace with God. Honestly, it was a perfect place to be calm and quiet. The experience was surreal. The stations were made from wood carvings, they were exquisitely made. It was a hot day but being in a serene place makes it worthwhile. We do pilgrimage trips every year but for the past three years I wasn't able to be with my family because I have work. I was so lucky to be able to experience this journey with them this year.

 we let Bimby read one of the station's prayer

We take turns with reciting each prayer and reflections for the stations. It was me, my mum, my aunt Fely, uncle Mars, Bimby and CJ. We wanted the kids to embrace our religion and practices. I loved how they were willing to pray with us, good kids.

"Close to nature, Closer to God"

We took photos in this area where there is a man-made fountain that flows down to a man-made pond. I love looking at fountains and any body of water because it is so serene and calm.


After the stations of the cross when checked the koi ponds that they have. The beautiful orange and ivory kois swam around the ponds with grace. Their vibrant colors amazed my nephews. Their eyes lit up and were very pleased with what they saw. And of course my mum wants candid moments to be taken that is why we have this photo of her and Bimby.

we don't know that guy behind us. hahaha

We crossed the hanging bridge on our way to the church on the hill. It was wobbly and the kids were scared to walk across. I help CJ's hand (my godchild) so that he won't be scared. I told him not to look at both sides of the bridge and just look forward to the end of it. We were all able to reach the end and began walking up the hill to reach the chapel there.

 what is with me and this bendy pose?
laser-cut shirt Zalora | joni jeans @thedollhouseshop | shoes Boardwalk
floral cap Divisoriabag @nikzieshop | paracord bracelet @broshoponline
photos taken by: Karl Paolo (KVPhotography) last photo was taken by my godchild CJ photos taken at: The Church on the Hill, Caleruega

It was a steep climb, but once you reach the top and you feel the cool breeze, you will forget the struggle of climbing. There were many people up there but we were still able to pray and empty ourselves. It was exhausting but worth every step.

Truly, Caleruega opened my eyes and made me think that there is still a place for you to go to if you want to be at peace. It was like one step until you reach God. He is always with us and I thank Him for giving up His son to save us from sin. He is a great God, and I know that He made this place to help us see, as well, that he created something to make us feel.His love more.

It was a meaningful journey and if you want to talk to Him go to Caleruega and you won't regret it. Each step you take brings you closer to Him.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

My son, keep your father's commands and do not forsake your mother's teaching.

Proverbs 6:20



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...