Saturday, May 31, 2014

Review: Avon Ultra Color Rich Over Nature Lipstick in Cherry Berry

|edited image from Google|

Yey for another lipstick review!
I was looking for a plum lipstick lately, just for a change of look. I just love how the plum color makes you look edgy and bad ass (in a good way). I saw a lot of YouTube make-up gurus do looks using this lip color. I have always been drawn to pink or coral shades for my lips but maybe it is time to try out something different for a change.



Here are some of my favorite plum lip makeup tutorial.



On with the review. The lipstick was from my mum, she said that it retails for 294 php which is what Avon lipsticks usually are sold for. I tried looking for this specific lipstick but I can't seem to find it online. Am not sure if it is a new collection because I have never seen anything like it in any of the Avon brochures that I have read.



What I like about it:

❧ the packaging is unique, I love the orchid design around the bullet
❧ the color is very vibrant
❧ it has a scent that reminds me of orchids

|swatch with flash|
|swatch without flash|

What I don't like about it:

❧ it irritates my lips, since it has fragrance (my lips tend to react negatively with products that has fragrances)
❧ it dries up after you put it on which makes your dry lips (and lines) show up

The Verdict, Yay or Nay:

❧ sadly, this is a Nay for me. I love the color, yes, but I hate that it stings my lips. Too bad, the color is the perfect plum color that I am looking for.

Rating:

I will give this a 3 out of 5 because it is not suitable for sensitive lips. I won't repurchase this as well, too bad because the color is so pretty. I might look for something that is suitable for sensitive skin.

Thank you so much for reading this post dear, I really do love reading your comments. Leave me some love okay? Stay fab & gorgeous my dear roses. God bless!

“A kiss is a secret which takes the lips for the ear.” 
― Edmond Rostand, Cyrano de Bergerac



6 comments:

  1. love the cherry bery lipstick and the how to look like a bad girl video! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. To bad about the fragrance :s I have the same with products and fragance :'(
    But the color is soooo beautiful *O*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yah, and it's a bit drying too.
      but the color is too good to let go.
      :)



      Ms. Kei

      Delete
  3. HI Keyti! I miss hanging around here.. kala ko dnelete mo na ang blog mo after kasi ng ilang months you didn't show up on my reading list. But anyway, I have negative experience on most avon products especially on their lipsticks, like the color on their brochure isn't the one that you'll actually get. Hmf, try maybeline or revlon, or even the cheap nichido. :0 Have a nice day love. ;)

    <3
    Cassie Thriftier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cuz i missed you Cassie.
      anyways,
      that is so true, especially this lipstick.
      i don't like it at all but it was a gift from my mum.



      Ms. Kei

      Delete

Leave the link of your blog so that I can check it too.
Thank you so much for all the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...